Do you want something easy, fast, cheap and effective for this cold time?
Try my miraculous Beet Tea. It looks great, sweetened with healthy natural sugar, and if you offered it to someone to try, they would never guess they’re drinking a vegetable tea!
My clients said:
“My body just loves it.”
“It helps me to stay hydrated!”
“That tea improved my elimination and skin.”
Here is the recipe.
- Peel, then shred a small red organic beet.
- Put beet’s pieces in a thermos and pour boiled water over it.
- Close thermos, and take with you to work or travel. It should stay hot for many hours! Add ginger and lemon to invigorate your digestion.
For the best results drink it between your meals or 1-1 ½ hours after, to avoid diluting your digestive enzymes.
- Beets – Beets are a great antioxidant that lubricate the intestines, help the liver to release bile, stimulate peristalsis of the digestive tract and decrease inflammation – not only in the GI but in the whole body and the brain too. Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas). Beets also contain the B vitamin folate.
- Ginger – The phenolic compounds in ginger are known to help relieve gastrointestinal (GI) irritation, stimulate saliva and bile production and suppress gastric contractions as food and fluids move through the GI tract. It is diaphoretic, which means that it promotes sweating, working to warm the body from within, which makes it helpful during cold and flu season.
- Lemon – Lemons are high in vitamin C, a natural antioxidant that enhances the immune system and has antiviral and antibacterial properties. Lemons are also high in potassium, an important mineral that helps the kidneys function to their fullest potential and is involved in regulation of blood pressure. Since the kidneys are essential in helping to flush waste matter from the blood, drinking lemon juice in combination with water or other foods provides support for renal function. Lemons also help alkalize the blood and urine by creating an alkaline-forming environment in the body, which slightly alters the pH. All of these factors suggest that lemons are one of nature’s near-perfect treatments to enhance the immune system and fight off a cold or flu.
Schedule an appointment to learn more about having a healthy body today!